Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Steven Finn said redemption for England in ODIs

Dubai: Young pace man Steven Finn said on Wednesday he hope a fresh and young England squad will put the 3-0 Test series rout by Pakistan in the rear them in the one-day series which starts next week.

The 21-year-old watched from the sideline as Pakistan registered a first-ever loss against England who persisted with James Anderson and Stuart Broad besides playing spinners Graeme Swann and Monty Panesar.Frustrated at not being selected in the Tests, Finn hoped the one-day series will offer him and the team with an chance to forget the Tests.

I think this one-day series is going to be a great chance for us to put what's gone on under the carpet. I hope, moving towards in this ODI series, I am going to get a chance to show what I can do," Finn said. The last of Finn's 12 Test appearances came against Sri Lanka in 2011. "It is infuriating. I am getting very good at combination drinks for the boys. I've sort of got used to it over the last 12 months. But it's not the sort of thing you enjoy," said Finn, the youngest to complete 50 Test wickets for England.

Finn said last year's India tour where England was blanked 5-0 in the one-day series was a erudition process. "After the India series, I've got self-confidence in the way I bowled - and I hope I can bring that forward into this series. I think this one-day team is a very youthful, very stirring place to be," said Finn. Pakistan and England meet in the first of four one-day matches in Abu Dhabi on February 13. Steven Finn show confidence his experience of bowling on the slow subcontinent pitch will help him here.

I play a fair amount of cricket in the sub-continent with the youth teams. The skills you have to use out here, the guys perceptibly did very well in the Test matches, and it's impressive I can do well out here as well," said Finn. Finn has so far taken 15 wickets in 11 one-day internationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment